Diet Plan To Reduce Belly Fat:
Here are a few food options as a diet plan to reduce belly fat. The main thing here is to focus on foods that are high in Monosaturated Fats (MUFA) as they help burn belly fat. These include:
1. Oatmeal: There is still much debate whether it’s good for you or not. But the fact is that oatmeal tastes great and it keeps you fuller for so much longer than any other food. It’s also filled with fiber. Make sure to opt for plain oats rather than the flavored kind, as the latter is filled with artificial flavoring and sugar.
2. Almonds: These are rich in monosaturated fat and contain Vitamin E. Together they combat belly fat and help reduce cholesterol.
3. Olive Oil: Whenever you’re cooking, try to include more olive oil. The hormones present in olive oil trick your brain into thinking that your stomach is full. You could even try consuming a tablespoon of olive oil 15-20 minutes before your dinner in order to eat less.
4. Green vegetable: Including green vegetables, like kale, lettuce and spinach during your lunch and snack time, in order to feel fuller for longer and to prevent yourself from going in for something unhealthy.
5. Dark chocolate: It is filled with zinc and other goodness that help increase body’s satiety levels. Just make sure that you are getting the kind that is low in sugar and is NOT milk chocolate.
6. Less salt: Stop adding extra salt to your foods. Try and add less salt while cooking. Consuming more salt can make your body retain water and bloat up your stomach.
7. Avocado: This fruit is filled with MUFA and contains high levels of beta-sitosterol that help to fight belly fat. Try to include more of this fruit in your breakfast and in your salads to stock upon its benefits.
8. Banana: It helps your body get rid of excess water. The extra amount of potassium that your body gets helps you rebalance the sodium amount. It also helps flush out extra fluid, thus reducing the bloated tummy.
9. Yoghurt: Eating normal yoghurt or Greek yoghurt promotes the growth of healthy bacteria in our belly and eliminates all bacteria and other issues that cause bloating, thus giving you a flatter stomach.
10. Berries: They are fiber rich and are a great slim-down snack. The antioxidants present in berries improve blood flow and help you lose more belly fat.
The best way to reduce belly fat and to improve overall fitness is to keep an eye on what you eat. Plan your meals beforehand and try cooking them yourself. Eat your fill but make sure you don’t overeat. The best time to stop eating is when you’re feeling almost full and just a little pang of hunger is left.